Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Little Bit of Havana on Grace Street



Grace Street just got a little better and I got a little happier. Brothers Kenn and Tico from Miami have been working on this Grace Street location for more than a year. While the economy went south, they held on to their plans for recreating a bit of Little Havana here in Richmond. I feel like a little bit of home just landed on my doorstep. Cubans have an affinity for good home cooked food and traditional Cuban cooking is passed down from one generation to the next. Castro's loss is our gain. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Kenn-Tico is planning an opening this fall. I can guarantee I will tell you all about it. OMG, tengo hambre.

Kenn-Tico is located on Grace near 2nd St. next to Chic Chapeau Hat Shop.

Facebook StumbleUpon Digg Technorati Delicious Google Bookmark Yahoo

3 comments:

Abbie Cooke said...

Any update as to the opening of this Cuban destination? I walk past, and it seems as if things are still moving forward, so just curious if you know the status?

Thanks!

Paul Hammond said...

There is frustratingly little news about this. They put up a new awning not too long ago, but I haven't seen any activity inside. I know the owners use the kitchen to support the street carts they operate in the financial district. I also walk past there daily. If I find out anything I'll post it here.

Anonymous said...

Looks open now!